We pride ourselves on being an industry leading installer in the architectural and landscape lighting industry. We create a wide range of low voltage LED outdoor lighting options to cover any possible landscape and lighting need.
But when we talk about LED lighting, what does that really mean? And why is LED lighting the best option for outdoor landscape projects? Here are a few things you may — or may — not have known about LED.
- LED is far more environmentally friendly than other types of lighting. In fact, some studies have said LED lights cut energy usage by as much as 80%.
- LED lights are cooler to the touch. Installing low voltage LED outdoor lighting means not having to worry about kids or pets getting too close and burning themselves when they inevitably touch one. Traditional incandescent lighting releases as much as 90% of its energy as heat. Because LEDs are so much more energy-efficient, they produce very little excess heat.
- LED lights don’t attract bugs. Insects are attracted to UV light, which most outdoor LED lighting fixtures don’t emit. This means turning on that beautiful lighting scheme doesn’t mean having to retreat indoors to avoid the pests.
- LED lights are “instant on.” This means there is no warm up period, you just flip the switch, and your outdoor landscape lighting display is ready for viewing. This is also a great feature for those who use their outdoor lighting for safety and security in addition to beauty.
- LEDs last longer. Good quality LED landscape lights — like the ones we install from Sunthin LED — they can last up to 60,000 hours or more; That’s up to 25 times longer than traditional options. Even if you chose to have your landscape lighting on 24/7, 365 days a year, your outdoor LED landscape lighting would still last up to almost seven full years. And only running them at night can extend that lifespan even longer.
- LEDs are more versatile. LED lighting can be directional, meaning you can focus the light in a specific direction or on a specific object, rather than lighting up an entire space, allowing for much more dramatic lighting effects. They are also smaller and less breakable than traditional landscape lighting options, opening up installation and placement options that previously weren’t practical.
These are just a few of the reasons why low voltage LED outdoor lighting is the best option for everyone. Call us today to learn more about how our lighting options can help you transform your space.